Saturday, May 9, 2009

First Dance Competition

Saturday was Brooke and Amanda's first dance competition. It was busy, and hectic but they both did awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It started on Friday when the girl's both were getting their dance pictures taken in full costume and make-up. I'm new at the "dance mom" thing and didn't know how to do hair and make-up. After a few emails to the dance studio and talking excessively about it to Debbie and my hair appointment, Debbie offered to do their hair and make-up for their pictures and tutor me. After one and a half hours at Debbie's we headed to the dance studio for pictures. Hopefully they will turn out great (although Brooke would not let me rat her hair for her "Halloween" costume picture).

We had to be at Taylorsville High School at 9:20 in full costume and make-up. When we got to the parking lot Brooke said she was scared. Amanda of course retaliated "I'm not scared, when do I get on the stage!"

We did OK, but then I decided that Brooke needed mascara. I put it on and she immediately squinted her eyes. Yes mascara everywhere and all the prior make up ruined. After a lot of complaining I got the mascara off, OK she had a little residue of a black eye but I did my best.

Brooke's first performance. Tap dance to "I Want Money". Scheduled for 10:16 am they didn't perform until about 10:40. They did a great job although I think Brooke was a little scared.

When we finished they said the Brooke's second dance (Jazz dance to "Halloween") was moved up in time. So of course I go running off leaving Mark with Amanda not knowing how much time we had. We hurried and changed costumes, ratted hair, applied more lipstick and were off for the second dance. They did an awesome job on this performance , they looked great and the choreography was wonderful.
So now we get to wait.... Amanda's performance isn't scheduled until 12:51 and they are running behind. Dad goes and gets our packed lunches (and of course I'm not where I'm supposed to be when he returns... I'm in trouble....). We eat lunch watch some performances and wait, and wait, and wait. All Amanda can say is "I go on stage now?" She just can't wait.

Amanda's dance is "Jump in Line". And she is a natural performer. Very, Very cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment